It is a story generator. It’s designed to co-author tragic, twisted, and triumphant stories about imprisoned pirates, desperate colonists, starvation and survival. It works by controlling the “random” events that the world throws at you. However, Every thunderstorm, pirate raid, and traveling salesman is a card dealt into your story by the AI Storyteller. There are several storytellers to choose from. Randy Random does crazy stuff, Cassandra Classic goes for rising tension, and Phoebe Chillax likes to relax. Your colonists are not professional settlers – they’re crash-landed survivors from a passenger liner destroyed in orbit. You can end up with a nobleman, an accountant, and a housewife. Gang Beasts
You’ll acquire more colonists by capturing them in combat and turning them to your side, buying them from slave traders, or taking in refugees. So your colony will always be a motley crew. Each person’s background is tracked and affects how they play. Furthermore A nobleman will be great at social skills (recruiting prisoners, negotiating trade prices), but refuse to do physical work. A farm oaf knows how to grow food by long experience, but cannot do research. A nerdy scientist is great at research, but cannot do social tasks at all.
- Fight pirates, tribes, mad animals, giant insects and ancient killing machines.
- Craft structures, weapons, and apparel from metal, wood, stone, cloth, and futuristic materials.
- Tame and train cute pets, productive farm animals, and deadly attack beasts.
- Trade with passing ships and caravans. also
- Form caravans to complete quests, trade, attack other factions, or migrate your whole colony.
- Dig through snow, weather storms, and fight fires.
- Royalty (activated in the “Mods” menu)
- Ideology (activated in the “Mods” menu)
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Core 2 Duo
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 or other shader model 4.0
- Storage: 1 GB available space